Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fast Food

Fast food is gross. PERIOD. The fact that America is  the fattest country and that America consumes the most fast food is no coincidence. There is nothing attractive that should make customers continually come back to these fast food chains. Think about McDonald's: every time you eat it you feel pretty sick after, the floor of the restaurant is always wet (lets hope its just water) and you have to be cautious of where to sit because every table seems dirty. I understand that the price of the food is the ultimate draw to these fast food chains, but if people that can afford to cut off fast food from their diet will benefit themselves and the overall health of the country. Personally I have limited the amount of fast food I eat to around once every couple of months. This has not been challenging for me either because I have found plenty of fulfilling options that don't require me eating a 700 calorie whooper. Everybody deserves to be healthy and by not eating fast food it can help you obtain a healthier lifestyle.

4 comments:

  1. I personally like fast food. I know it is unhealthy but i think it tastes so good. I would say i eat fast food two times a week. That isnt that bad considering that alot of people eat it every day. I have made that my limit because i know if you eat it too much then you will start seeing changes in your health and body image. The prices are also outstanding. At McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendys you can get a double cheeseburger for $1. That is a unbelievable price and is what draws in a lot of people like myself. I know eating fast food is a bad habbit but I am personally going to limit the amount of fast food i eat for my own health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast food is fatty and unhealthy, but eating it sparingly along with exercise makes it ok to eat. I wouldn't recomend eating fast food everyday of the week but once or twice a week is fine. The price is what draws people in, especially high school students who can go to taco bell and get a drink and a few tacos for only $5. That is unbeatable, plus it tastes good and is quick. I eat fast food usually twice a week during lunch because its cheap, fast, and good. As long as you exercise and the majority of what you eat is not fast food, it's fine to eat it now and then. The problem is that people eat it too often and that causes Americans to be the fattest country, along with not enough exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fast food is not a good option if you are looking for a healthy meal. However due to its cheap and somewhat tasty meals, fast food remains very popular. A reason why America has taken the lead in the most overweight people is due to the fact that there are so many fast food options located in just about every town. Whether it is McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, or etc. there are so many fast food chains that promote their food to consumers everywhere. People cannot rely on fast food as there only types of meals each day. It’s important to eat other foods, especially healthier ones in order to have a balanced diet. It’s also important to exercise to keep your body in good shape. A lot of the people who fall under the obese category choose fast food over other food, and don’t take the required precautions to maintain a healthy body. I am a fast food eater. I enjoy the occasional McDouble from McDonalds and their salty French fries. Since I do get the appropriate amount of exercise and eat fruits and vegetables also, I think it alright for me to have fast for every once in a while. People need to realize they cannot just rely on fast food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quality effort, gentlemen. Nicely managed discussions and use of visuals/hyperlinks: 10/10 on group elements!

    ReplyDelete