Thursday, October 28, 2010

Old Spice



Old spice has become a powerhouse in the commercial industry.  Their use of comedy with marketing has become a favorite for TV viewers everywhere.  What Old Spice says about American culture is what its like to be a man.  It appeals to men by showing what its like to be manly and to smell good.  During Old Spice commercials it shows men doing activities such as weight lifting, playing golf, and doing other sports.  During the commercial it shows men around women or talking about them, giving you the thought using Old attracts women.  This means Old Spice also appeals to women by showing women having a desire for a man using Old Spice in their commercials.  These ads target teenagers to adults.  Personally I enjoy these ads because it has a entertainment aspect to them that I think is appealing.  How do you feel about the Old Spice commercials and would make you decide to purchase Old Spice products?

3 comments:

  1. I think the old spice commercials are hilarious. I personally use old spice and i love it. These ads are very good because they are very funny and it gets the point across to the people. If you buy old spice then you will smell good. I believe this because I have been using old spice for years and i have always thought i smelled pretty good. I use the old spice deodarant. These neww commercials have been about their body wash which i have yet to use. I am very interested in buying their body wash to see how good it smells. Theres no doubt in my mind that I will be satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Old Spice ads are very funny and entertaining, but it doesn't tempt me to buy the product. As a consumer I use common sense and I'm able to not get sucked in by false promotions being made in advertisments. I know that if I wear Old Spice I will not be more manly and it will not attract more girls; in fact the exact opposite could occur. To me I associate Old Spice with my middle school locker room: there was a permanent smell of Axe and Old Spice. When I buy body wash I am more concerened about how clean it will make me, not on how good the ads are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also enjoy the Old Spice commercials because they are funny and enteraining. Their commercials show what it means to be a man, play sports, be fit and strong, and get women. Most of the commercials are about sex appeal and by using Old Spice products you can attract women. In the commercials with Ray Lewis they are showing his power and football "swagger" to promote their deodorant line Old Spice Swagger. Now this product is associated with a NFL great, athleticism, power, and being manly. It pushes buttons into people's minds. Both the jocks and regular men because it shows the sex appeal and what it means to be a man, along with various athletes using it while playing their sports. This all comes together while you're at the store, see Old Spice, and concider buying it.

    ReplyDelete